Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 22:12:54 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
I wanted to draw everyone's attention to the struggle going on between so-called Lyme-literate
doctors, with years of clinical experience, and scientists who determine standards of treatment that
for many Lyme patients are not effective. These scientists have been the object of a congressional
investigation recently, as they may have ties to the pharmaceutical companies whose products they
endorse with their studies. The Lyme community sees these most recent studies as one more attempt to
discredit Lyme-doctors, and they are rallying in protest.

I came down with Lyme Disease last summer; I could hardly walk, could not read, spell, or follow
conversations. Thanks to the online Lyme community I found the ONE Lyme-literate doctor in
Switzerland, and I am doing much much better than the others in our Swiss Lyme-Club who are on
standard treatment. Please be wary of anything you read or hear as regards Lyme: the illness is new,
and business is trying to make money off it before they have really understood what it is.

For more information, check http://www.lymenet.org.

Hilary Jacobson, soon to be certified LC in Switzerland where IBLCL is only open for people with a
medical background.

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2