Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2013 16:59:59 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
Please let me run the basics past you-all and see what I might be missing. Permission to Post: Mother is bfdg her 2week old girl, second time breastfeeding. Hospital birth, but completely natural with no meds.  Baby weighed 7/15 at birth, and 8/2, 4 days later.  She was complaining about nipple pain from the very beginning, her nipples both looked a bit pinched. [She has a brother with a minor tongue tie, which was never fixed.  She breastfed him for 11 mo].  The 2wk old does have enough soiled and wet diapers.  The Pedi says the bili is still a ittle high (13 I think) and wants mom to bring baby for weight checks frequently because the weight gain has leveled off.  It was still 8/2 on Friday, which was at 2 wks.

She states one side (L) especially  is distorted in a strange way: where the edges of the nipple core are sort of elevated when baby comes off.  I have seen this before, but I don't remember understanding the cause. She says pain is a "little" better than it was two weeks ago but it still hurts.  She saw the Pedi dentist with this baby at about 1 wk and dentist said no TT.  Pedi Dentist said problem is "strong suction".

I checked positioning, baby's "wide open gape", stool & urine count (good), milk is easy to express by hand.  Mom is able to feed for about 30 minutes in football only and she can still pump +- 2 oz after the feeding. (She wants to do that, not my idea).

What am I missing??? Help!
Isabella

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2