Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 10:32:11 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
I agree with Kathy Koch about not taking no for an answer from the hospital clinic.  As the spouse of Air Force Officer and a former active duty OB/NSY nurse myself it has been my experience that exceptions can always be made.   My husband was recently diagnosed with Lupus and magically he has been seeing providers that are outside the Tricare network.  I do have one avenue that might work regarding OB care.  Since your sister is looking for a service that is not available at your local military hospital she might look into obtaining a "non-availability statement" from that hospital.  This may enable her to see a local midwife.  Most of what I have read in Tricare handbooks says they do not cover home births but you never know unless you just keep asking.  My husband and I have a motto that we keep calling until we get the answer we like.  Good Luck.

Now that I have thrown in my two cents, I suppose that should introduce myself since this is my first posting.  I am an OB/NSY RN  currently staying home with my 3 year old son and waiting for his brother or sister to be born in Feb 2000.  I became an IBCLC last year and I do a very small amount of consulting form home.  I am enjoying the hiatus form full-time work.  I joined Lactnet to help keep myself in touch with the field.  I miss seeing the patients everyday but I would miss my son more.  I have been enjoying the postings.

Stephanie D'Arcangelo, RN, IBCLC ( it's been a year since I used my initials) 

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2