Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2014 22:02:50 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
Hi Trish,

This may be way off but thought it too coincidental not to mention after reading your post. I ran into a friend today with a 16 month old that has had very mysterious and drastic weight gain decline along with food aversion over several months despite a lot of effort, continued nursing, etc, various tests. A GI physician ordered radiology testing last week and discovered a diaphragmatic hernia with stomach below intestines that had been pushed up into lungs on one side. Baby had laproscopic repair and has been eating ravenously at breast and table since repair. I was unfamiliar with condition but learned it can be congenital in which case usually detected during prenatal ultrasound and repaired at birth. Or can be due to injury if not congenital. My friend doesn't know how or when this may have happened but baby did start slipping in weight gain around 6 months. At any rate, it seems a mystery solved for them at this point. And, again just seemed too coincidental not to pass on to you. It sounds like you have done a fantastic job helping this family work through things. Good luck to you all. 

Warmly,

Allyson Wessells 

(LLLL and IBCLC candidate in Columbus, Ohio)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2