Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2012 05:19:50 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
Hi Everyone

My intended 'good deed' to share info re Hypoplasia handouts has turned into somewhat of a nightmare re copyright.

I've received a personal email from someone on Lactnet re making the 2 handouts by Lisa Marasco available without first seeking permission from Lisa to do so.

I have just emailed Lisa telling her about the email I received and telling her that after contemplating copyright issues, I decided it would be OK for me to share them without firstly seeking her permission as she had already made them accessible to the 900+ participants of the Gold10 Online Lactation Conference that I attended, and that her handouts were clearly marked at the bottom of each page:  "Copyright Lisa Marasco 2010".

I won't know until I hear back from Lisa re the status quo and whether or not I have done the wrong thing by her re her copyright. In the meantime, I have heeded the advice from the person who sent me the email & have deleted the 2 handouts by Lisa Marasco from Google Docs which were only available to those with the link, leaving only the one I produced containing online resources etc (see recent post).

So that's the story - it's left me with quite a heavy heart because I take considerable pride in my ethical behaviour, so I'll just have to let this dilemma sit with me for a while.

As you might imagine, I'm eagerly awaiting Lisa's reply to my email. 

Kind Regards, Julieanne
IBCLC, Australia

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2