Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 1996 11:18:34 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (5 lines)
This is for Pat Bull or any other takers - I know we've already addressed this recently.  Since we may need to change our policy so that we will use the frozen colostrum first, I need to see if your data and the data I've gleaned from Ruth Lawrence's book are meshing or at least "close".  My Chief won't buy into "So and so said that this is better", so I always have to present data.  In Ruth's book, on pg. 611, she states that there was no significant change in lactoferrin, lysozyme, IgA, IgG, and C3 after 3 months of freezing.  I was also comparing the levels of these immunoglobulins as well as fat, minerals, etc. of colostrum vs. mature breastmilk (Riordan and Auerbach's text pg. 110, 111).  Pat, do you or Jan Barger have additional data that you feel would be helpful?  I believe I heard that you have done research more recently on different methods of storage and the effects upon the specificity of ebm.  OR, do you know of articles that I could reference at our library.  With my Chief, the more different sources I have that match information, the better.  We're still using fresh ebm as long as it's available until I present this to Chief. I  guess I'm just looking for confirmation that I have put the available data together appropriately and check for more recent data  (if there is any).  Sorry to be such a pain!!  Thanks so much!
Dani Hudspeth BSN, RN, IBCLC
Dallas, TX
[log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2