Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 13:10:52 EST
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (10 lines)
Regina said " none of my mine were sleeping thru the night without benefit of either nursing or my comfort until they were 2 years old" HA!HA! My third daughter (you all remember her, the one G*d gave me to make sure that I don't have anymore children)weaned herself at about two....she continued to come into my room to sleep at night until she was about 8 (now 12, and I don't recall her coming in recently)...the rule was that she could not get into my bed, but had to be on the floor next to me. That was the rule for nursing toddlers, as well. Once done nursing, they could remain close to mommy if needed, but had to be in the sleeping bag on the floor as mommy could not sleep well with extra bodies in the bed (I once woke up to find my oldest, then 12, on the floor at the foot of my bed...she did not feel well and needed to be close to us, but had the good sense not to wake me!!)

Kathy in NJ remembering with some fondness now that it is so distant!! (BTW, the only way I got #3 in her own bed was to a) make a sticker chart that could be turned in for a new book if she got 7 in a row--any misses, and the counting started over and b) got her a new bed that she picked out herself!!! Daddy was never an issue as he sleeps like a rock, so never noticed anything except the "birth control effect"

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2