Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2011 16:55:46 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (33 lines)
First i have to admit that i just read most of this whole week's posts this afternoon - so my head is swimming!

Re: notice on thickening agents
I realize these products should be used as a 'last resort' and the ingredients are not anything good for any of us,
But ... I have to wonder since the notice was posted specifically for premature babies and many premature babies are also receiving powdered formula as an additive to expressed breastmilk for additional calories; how can we be certain it's the thick-it that is causing the increased incidence of nec?
Just a thought (that I didn't see show up on the list, yet) Did anyone else think this?
Does anyone know if it's occuring with babes getting only unadulteradted OMM and thickening?

Re: Pink Milk.
when i read this, I too thought of serratia ... i wonder if it's only in the bottles/nipples/pump parts?
If i recall correctly, this bug is hard to kill with routine sterilization techniques.
How does one get rid of this bug?

and, the perplexing child ... how terrible this sounds!
I know this has a lot of replies, but can't help to re-iterate to look for a tongue tie, as i read the original post food allergies was not what my mind jumed to at all. if no TT this child really needs a more thorough structural evaluation because it sounds like anatomacially something is wrong : (
I admit, i didn't think about EE, but good idea and good reminder to me to remember this condition.

I know i don't post here often and don't recall ever posting about TT, but like many of you, it is one of the most frustrating conditions I personally deal with. Ugh! (needed to vent that & now can admit that this week I have a dad thinking he actually has an option, even at his age, to have his TT released)

Jodie Drum at work in Washington D.C.
and who is very glad it is Friday

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2