Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:36:54 -1000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (8 lines)
Hi Lactnetters, I have been searching/lurking on Lactnet for years. I am stumped. I am the primary RN for a former 29 weeks gestation baby girl now 125 days old. She is still vented. We are working very hard to get her off the respirator. She has chronic lung disease. She received 2 doses of surfactant shortly after delivery but her lungs have never been very healthy. I am happy to say that there are no signs of ROP, nor IVH and her gut has always worked! thanks to breastmilk! Her mom has provided all of her nutrition. The problem is that she was falling off of the growth curve and the MDs were beefing up the milk with HMF and Enfasure powder and MCT oil. She was EXTREMELY gassy and had painful straining episodes frequently during the day. And she still was not gaining enough. Now, working with the mom we have been feeding her only hindmilk for about a week (with a fantastic gain and less gas) and then regular strength EBM half and half with hindmilk (because we felt that mom wouldn't be able to keep up) with a still nice gain. So why, now, for the first time in her life does she have a diaper rash that we can't control? Help. Thanks, Laura

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2