Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2014 19:03:19 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Sorry I messed up yesterday and only sent a quote, not m thoughts on the quote :-(  Was tired :-(  Pat in SNJ 

"The first-line LE's (which is a better term to me than CLC), should be competent to help with simple latch, the easy management and early support, but they should also be competent enough to identify problems and refer on quickly, not allow a situation to devolve to where it is difficult to salvage. They should know the risk factors, the old yellow and red flags, to get things on the right track. IMHO. A good model is understanding the normal so well that the abnormal sticks out like a sore thumb. "

I see a LE (CLC) as akin to the average LLLL.   Know the yellow and red flags and know where to point mom to get the help she may need for a more complex problem.  Then when you have been a LE (CLC) or LLLL for a long time, take the exam and move up the ladder, if that is your goal.  Pat in SNJ

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2