Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2017 17:05:43 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
I am very sad to hear that Darillyn Starr died. I am very thankful to her - Elizabeth Hormann gave me her paper "Establishing Adoptive Nursing With an Older Baby" when I tried to introduce our third child into nursing who came as foster child to us. Her description turned out to be THE way for us, and our child, then 10 months old, learnt to breastfeed through a transition process which took two months. 

This was a great great gift to both of us and Darillyn's contribution was essential for that.

Breastfeeding made also an essential difference for the years to come - I am sure that it was essential for persevering in the challenges later on. 

I met her personally once - she attended a conference in Europe. At that time she was breastfeeding with LactAid and I was breastfeeding with the SNS. We decided just to shift and to try the device of the other. I was keen to observe whether there is really a difference, but it turned out that the function is the same, just handling seems to be more akward with a device you are not familiar with.

If somebody has an adress I would write to her children.

During the past 25 years I supported a number of mothers who did a similar transitioning from bottle to breast ... also their story is linked with Darilynn.

Sadly and with a thankful heart I say goodbye to her.

Márta Guóth-Gumberger, Germany

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2