Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2012 22:16:13 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
Before suggesting that we do permanent damage to the guts of mothers and babies with more and more abx, how about considering some other options? 
I use homeopathy for mastitis (phytolacca or belledonna depending on whether mom has progressed past plugs) and castor oil compresses. They never fail to work.  If they recur, there are safe antibacterial herbs that can be used if needed, but I find that removing inflammatory foods from moms' diets generally does the trick. 
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, USA & France
Intuitive Parenting Network, LLC

I have had a sudden group of mom's (n=4)  all c-sections, all early nipple damage and all developing mastitis within the first month.  3 of them have had another round of mastitis within 2-3 weeks.  These are mom's who have improved their latch but yes there has always been either a latch/position issue or unresolved tongue tie.  My question is aside from more and more antibiotics - and continuing to work on latch or resolving the tongue tie- is there anything else that is being tried or used?  Homeopathy? Accupuncture? I already recommend probiotics.  I feel like the protocol for recurrent mastitis has changed a little if it has can someone point me in the direction of new information.

Thank you.

Lea Rivera Todaro,
Brooklyn, NY

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2