Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2010 18:19:27 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
Hi all,
Interesting thread. I was also one of those who used to use this expression. BUT, (and I cannot remember for the life of me, who actually discussed this with me) look at the example of Black and White TV. (ok, there are those I am sure who don't care and don't like em, whether b&w or coloured!!) but there was nothing broke with the b&w of old. Yet, just because it was not broken does not mean that it cannot be improved upon and thus came along "progress" and coloured TV. So while once upon a time, I would perhaps see a bfg mom nursing in an awkward or different position, I would say "if it ain't broke, then don't fix it" yet, I do  believe differently today. Without really examining what is going on with the mom and her baby - you can never tell just what the mom is experiencing. What she may consider a "normal" amount of pain, might not even have to be......so when given the opportunity, today I might mention that by having good support, the effect can be even better. Obviously I do not give unsolicited advice. Just when I am asked.

Ellen Shein, LLLI, IBCLC
Tel Aviv

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5451 (20100914) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2