Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:49:36 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
as one who works with herbs a lot - yes i will agree there is little written about herbs working to increase supply in general Medical Journals - especially in US.

however there is more in practice and in other type journals as in herbal journals and  there are some in other herbal practice books that do recomemend dosages and gives safety precautions for herbs, homeopathy and others. 

Yes, for some it maybe placebo effect, but i have help moms adopt and bring in supplies and increase supplies weeks (6-8 ) out from the initial 1-2. There have been a few who just got away or decided to quit. but i tried and for many the herbs work. Just like medicines work. about 150 current patent drugs on the market are made from herbs or constituents from herbs-so they have to work somehow.  It takes practice and time to learn the herbs and the person and match the two according to the situation. 

many here know my passion with herbs, and breastfeeding. it takes time to educate one's self and research. I also have weak areas in breastfeeding practice- sinice i do private practice so when i see a real toughie i refer or collaborate. And that is what this list is here to do. Thanks to the list owner. I am not angry just passionate.

you are probably right in that the study has little validity in that many women see and increase in supply around week 2. and more appropriatey would have been better to used women separated from babes or a little further out. but it is something in writing - by docs which docs will read. Maybe someone from the academy on the list could share a little more about the study.  Yes i need a reference for my book i am working on. 

I have said my piece now and will go back to lurking. ( as i am tring to get the book put together and do some research).

Mechell turner IBCLC - Herbalist- trying to get book ready and prepared to resit the exam ( my 10 years are up in OCt)

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2