Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 18:59:00 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
Hi Brenda,
I too have come up against this issue over and over agin within the hospital. It's a hazard of hospital LC work, but we have an obligation to make it better and you can, in baby steps. Our M. J. formula rep came in last month with the same talk and had a beautiful lunch. I was working L&D that day but went over to Mother Baby to listen in and of course rebut what she said with as much evidence as I could muster on the spot. The staff grew impatient with me as did my nurse manager and I was asked to "allow her to at least give her inservice". I was upset at being somewhat censored and left and was approached later by my nirse manager who does respect me but is new in her position and was feeling a bit of heat. I gave her an earfull in a diplomatic manner and told why this practice is wrong. I keep trying to eucate at every opportunity. Don't shy away from those meetings, Brenda. Your voice is needed to speak to the evidence. There is no need to eat their lunch or feel like yo
u are "aligning yourself with them". You are actually doing the opposite.
You can go to your Ethics board or write a letter to the diretor of Nursing and cc it to ethics, CEO, chief of OB, PEDS.whomever carries power. I won an arguement 2 years ago after writing a letter about formula companies distributing formula samples at out baby fair. Sometimes you win a battle. It is draining though, I know.
God luck
Jane Ciaramella

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2