Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:28:13 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
Hi all-
Last year I didn't even know WBW existed. How I could work as a RN in L&D and NOT know about it is unreal to me now, I just don't get why we weren't told about it. Anyway, my week started out GREAT!

First, I went to my local LLL meeting which is always wonderful-great women, Alice the LC  is a super source of inspiration, kids everywhere, etc.

Then, my family, all donned with our breastfeeding advocacy shirts (my son in "breastmilk-the original happy meal"; my daughter in "breastmilk rules formula drools"; and me in my "use 'em or lose 'em breastfeed to stop breast cancer") went to a local hot restaurant and got ALL KINDS OF ATTENTION in our shirts, two people came over and said how cute we all looked in them and why did we all have them on?? So I explained about WBW!

Also, to my huge delight, I saw a women nursing her baby!! So, I walked over (to my husbands embarrassment, he hates when I do that) to the lady, told her "great job for breastfeeding your baby" and gave her the LLL walkathon flyer I just happened to have in my purse (Alice the LC had given me a bunch at the LLL meeting, they are all gone now!!).

THEN, we head over to Wal-Mart. OH MY GOODNESS did we ever get attention! Every pregnant mom, and there were a lot, noticed my kids first in their shirts, then mine. They just stared, re-read the shirts, like "I can't believe there are breastfeeding shirts" or maybe they were thinking "why would that mom have her kids in those shirts??" who knows, but we got lots of laughs too. 
All in all, I think for my families first WBW we made a spectacle of ourselves, he he. In a good way though!

Just had to share, I love this!
Heather Davis, RN 
South Carolina!!!!!

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2