Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 00:14:41 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
I have worked in a Pediatric Office for 5 pediatricians for 16 yrs. I was a triage nurse for 12 of those years. Three years ago I  became an IBCLC, and have been practicing as their lactation consultant since passing my boards. It took a lot of talking and hard work for the docs to allow me to do this on a fulltime basis. I have a beautiful office in the lower level of the peds office. It is a great office, very relaxed homey atmosphere. I have 2 recliners, large changing table, fridge, water cooler, music and candles and dim lights. The Mom's love to come and see me, just for some well needed R&R!! I got credentialed from our hospital to go on rounds every morning to see our breastfeeding moms as a courtesy--no charge.After rounds I go back to my office and see patient's that are participating in our lactation program. There is a fee for my services which the mom's pay out of pocket. I see consults for a one time visit for one fee, or they can participate in a 7 visit program throughout the entire time they are nursing, which includes unlimited phone calls to me. I am payed an hourly rate by the docs.and the fees collected for my services go to the practice. I also have rental pumps, pumps for purchase, and many other nursing supplies, along with boppies and nursing bras. The response from this program has been phenominal and has been a tremendous plus to our office. We are the only Peds practice with a lactation consultant in the office . I am also a certified infant massage instructor, as well as a cpr instructor. I have conduct those classes in the evening at certain times during the month. Ask me what I do in my spare time??? I read Lactnet, of course. If anyone would like any further information, feel free to email me privately.I would love to help another LC get a similar program started. 

Best regards, Kathy  [log in to unmask]

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2