Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2012 16:57:13 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
I can't speak too much about this new bottle, but I did get a sample one last week and yesterday me and two OT's played with it a bit.
We did not use it for any actual feeding, we simply took it apart and put it back together and put some water in it.
I thought the nipple top was difficult and time consuming to get into place properly, we all thought the teat to be long, we were unable to get any flow with use of our hands and compression so then I hooked it up to a pump (if it matters, I only have access to Symphony's) - I didn't get much of anything moving on the "stimulation" phase and admit I quickly switched the pump to the "expression" phase, on a moderate vacuum setting it actually squirted a stream of water kind of forcefully to the back of the connector - water started to rush into the tubing and I stopped my little experiment. In comparison, when I had it on a lower vacuum setting the "flow" still came out in a stream, just not as much and not as forcefully - think of your garden hose with more and less pressure/flow - that's what it was like, a pulsing trickle vs. a pulsing stream. I did not test "flow rate" but wish I had, maybe if I have some time next week. The OT's thought it overall strange and couldn't foresee a use for it. As for me, I do not foresee myself suggesting it to any one - but will keep an open mind and await more feedback.

Jodie Drum, RN, IBCLC at work in Washington DC
& soon to go home with tomorrow an extra day off to attend an event that has everything to do with chocolate   = )

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2