Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2008 21:20:17 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
Our one "rapid transit" situation takes approximately 45 minutes to get from one side of town to the other. We live in a town of about 30,000, (well below the number of births in Nancy's count!) and the city limits is 10 miles from one end to the other.

I take my bike, or motorcycle, unless I have to carry slings, then it's the mom-mobile. All I usually take with me is a Hale, the mini-BAB, a notebook of common handouts, and that's it. I like the idea of the Breastfeeding Atlas, as well. Most, if not all, of my home visits are moms I attended as their birth doula, so most of the education was before the baby was born. And in a town this size, I don't spend a lot of time with home visits!

What I would REALLY like is a motorhome/RV, with a nice bed, air conditioning, refrigerator. Set the mom/baby up in the peaceful, quiet room, make it comfortable (out of the miserable heat and humidity here this time of year), turn on some nice music, and let them relax and get to know each other while they don't have to listen to the tv, the phone, the dog, on and on.

In fact, I would like for ME to have an RV with a nice bed, air conditioning.......

Best wishes,
Sam the dreamer

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2