Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:09:04 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
I have a question regarding Domperidone use.  Is it  helpful when a mother has an intially low milk supply for an unexplained reason?  Or just after mom had a regular supply that dropped?  I am working with a mom, no medical explanation why she would not have enough, saw many times in begining, good latch etc- on day 3 started pumping with a Lactina every 3 hours-  She barely got out 20 cc each time pumping.  She also saw another LC when she went to America to visit family, who had the same diagnosis... unexplained.  She has used an SNS with formula, but she would nurse first, and always felt her baby was first getting whatever milk she did have.  Now at 3 months old,  her baby refuses to do those first five minutes without the tube.  Mom says she feels she has nothing anymore, and cannot get out by pumping, even the 20cc she used to.
Would the Domperidone be warranted in this case?

I feel like recently I have seen an abnormal number of these young primiparas (under age 25) not harrassed, healthy, fully set on BF, only to find for no reason they do not have near enough of a supply.  What possibly could be causing this?  I don't think even the worst latch/ poorest hospital policy/ worst management should cause this severe of results.  Especially when they all start pumping.
Any help?
TIA,
Jessica Billowitz, IBCLC
Israel

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2