Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 17:53:26 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (9 lines)
Hi all. Fun topic. I breastfed, like Linda Smith, in the early 70's when the rate where I lived was 18%. I breastfed everywhere because my children went everywhere I went, almost. So, I breastfed in every museum and art gallery and every park in Washington, DC including the zoo. But perhaps the most unusual place I nursed was on the cog rail train that goes up Mt Washington in New Hampshire. The trip, I think, takes about 3-4 hours. About half way back down the mountain, the train broke down. We ended up spending all day there until they could fix it. Everyone was so uptight and upset. My two younger children thought they were in heaven...on a train and in the mountains. My 8 month old nursling was in ecstasy because she just nursed off and on and had my attention all day. My husband was happy that he didn't have to worry about a starving fussy baby. We were the most peaceful five on the train. But, I think the most fun I had nursing "in front of people" was nursing my first in front of my teen age brothers and sister and their friends. I will never forget the look and the wide eyes of my sister's friend when she realized that my son was feeding at my breast! It was too funny. Never did have anyone say anything to me or ask me to leave anywhere. 
Carol L'Esperance, RN, MSN, IBCLC, Albuquerque, NM 

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2