Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:42:26 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
I can't believe others feel the same way or have experienced what I have experienced. I have been a doula for nine years and have taught Lamaze and Hypnobirthing and I knew what was going to happen to people the first time I see them or when they open their mouths. I knew who was going to be successful at breastfeeding and who was not. I knew who was going to have a cesarean and/or epidural or will be able to make it without any medical pain relief. I knew who was going to have a great delivery with hypnobirthing and others who are going to be upset that it didn't work out for them. 

I will share this with you and I have never shared this before with anyone. Being a doula and getting that call that she is in labor, I say a prayer. I pray that she will make the right decisions and that I can help her the best I can. I also pray for a quick delivery for her sake and mine. As I finish my prayer I meditate and wait for a reply for guidance and 99% of the time I get the hour that she will deliver. I am amazed that she delivers within 2 hours of the time I was given. I also do not share this with the patient nor anyone for that matter. Even when things look bleak and the deadline doesn't look like it is going to happen, it still does. 

Julie IBCLC, LCCE and no longer a certified doula(...too tired to do the night deliveries).  

Julie

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2