Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2014 18:05:34 +1100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
Hi everyone,
I'm really hoping that I might be able to obtain some assistance from Lactnetters. Nina Berry and myself have conducted a study measuring the accuracy of volume markers on infant feeding bottles in Australia. There were many problems with bottle volume markers but during our decision making about which volumes to measure we discovered another problem- that is that many bottles do not have markers for the volumes that formula instructions require. In Australia formula requires parents to measure water in increments of 30 or 50ml. So 50, 100, 150, 200ml or 60, 90, 120, 150, 180ml depending upon the brand and the type of formula. Is the case everywhere? Could some of you have a look at what formula instructions say in your country for me and email me privately. I am especially interested in European countries (since you have a Standard for feeding bottles that considers volume markings but only in a limited way). I am also interested in hearing from anyone who is aware of a feeding bottle standard other than the European Standard (I've not been able to find one).
Many thanks for your assistance.
Karleen Gribble
Australia
PS. Who knew that there had been research finding that excessive weight gain in formula fed infants had been linked to slightly over concentrated infant formula...

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2