Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2007 10:43:22 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
Any insight into this situation would be appreciated. I have been speaking to a mom who is  5 1/2 months PP. This is her third baby. She is a Lactation Educator. She has had intermittent breast and nipple pain on one side for the last 8-10 weeks. She had frequent plugged ducts in that breast in the earlier months. Her current complaint is a burning sensation that starts in the nipple and then radiates back into the outer, lower quadrant of the breast. It can last for 2-3 hours and be quite painful. Ibuprofen can provide some relief. When I first talked to her I recommended a lecithin supplement and then checked back a week later. The episodes were occurring almost every day, and now they have become less frewuent and the intensity varies. There are no lumps, there is no blanching of the nipple and no redness of the breast. The nipple is sensitive for the next couple latches.

This did not happen with her other two children.

It does not fit any of the usual things, but sounds similar to several things. None of my coworkers have heard of anything like this.

I am no mail, so please email me privately and thank you very much for any replies.

Andrea Tran RN, IBCLC
Boulder/Erie, Colorado

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2