Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 08:20:37 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
I posted yesterday re: a baby who I saw with severe malnutrition and dehydration. Clinically the baby had a sodium of 161.  I am not sure when the parents began incorporating a method of feeding recommended in the "Train Up Your Children in the Way They Should Eat".  I have had more open discussion with the parents now. They are very Faith oriented  and completely sold on the teachings of Ted and Sharon Broer.  You cannot find out too much about them with a search except their credentials, products, books and tapes that comes with the option to buy an information packet.  It seems that Sharon, a graduate in home economics is recognized internationally as a fitness expert. She is a best selling author and through the book mentioned above, she has helped  thousands of children nation wide to eliminate infections, asthma and learning disabilities
Thats the web page info.. Right now I have parents who are fully indoctrinated into her recipe for infant formula.  They have gone to the health store and bought powdered goats milk formula, added Vit. E, Vit C, Blackstrap Molasses and at night Cod Liver Oil. Mom took large doses of vitamins, lecithin and several herbs during pregnancy.   I know they are not being completely up front with me yet.  They do have a support group of parents in the area who follow the same recipes.  The Train Up Your Child/ren books etc.  cover all areas of child-rearing, as some of you might know.  I cannot think of a time when I  worked with a critical situation such as this baby and had parents who did not want to comply with docs. directions. It has been a very difficult two days. Baby is improving. He has had fluids and is being given formula, since mom is thinking now not to breastfeed. I am now wondering what she really did at home.  They are struggling a bit financially and don't want medical assistance because they believe God will provide. I honor their great faith, but have such great concerns... any input, discussion would be appreciated.  Sue Majoris - IRMC

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2