Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:13:06 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
Although I do agree being dogmatic and rigid does nothing to help with Long term Breast Feeding success, this view point leaves out all the wrongs that we do help right, i.e. tongue tie. It also does not take into account the many, many success stories of women who have told us over the years that they would not be Breastfeeding without the help of Lactation Consultants. Kind of like blaming  Cardiac Surgeons for the increase in needed bypass surgeries. If people just ate healthy and exercised they would not need bypass surgery. We all know that there exists a small percentage of people that have hereditary cardiac weakness, and no matter what they do they will need the professionalism of a Cardiac Surgeon to perform bypass or other cardiac surgery as they age. I personally, more and more as time goes on, believe it is the loss of the Oxytocin/Prolactin surge state that should be present for the first few days post birth that negatively impacts not only Breast Feeding, but parenting and bonding in general. If you are do not have that hormonal high, parenting seems like such a chore, does it not? Lisa Mooney 		 	   		  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2