Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 01:49:03 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (29 lines)
I am very grateful for my friend and her abundant milk supply.  Her  baby is 36 hours 
younger than my own and I have had many challenges with BF mostly to do with supply.  
Whenever my friend has a "coconut"  she would pump and give the milk to me for my baby.  
Through her and our milk bank, my baby did not have any formula until she was 2 months 
old.  By 3 months she was getting all she needed from me.  At 4.5 months I had a complete  
meltdown and went on meds for PP depression/anxiety and we needed formula again and 
now, at 6 months we are back to breastmilk and solids.

A story my friend told me.

Back in the '80s she was living in a community housing co-op.  She had lots of milk and 
every so often a mom would drop by saying she had to go out and do you have any extra 
milk and my friend would give her some milk from her freezer.  I think she was the 
community milk bank.  She also had an agreement with another mom she shared child care 
with that if  either needed to, they could BF the other mom's baby.  Once she came home to 
her baby being BF by the other mom.  She said it did make her feel really strange  to see 
someone else nursing her son.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2