Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 2015 20:55:24 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
J Ped Health Care Vol 20, No 5 Sept-Oct 2015.  Pg 442-452. Implications for Advanced Practice Nurses When Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated With Streptococcal Infections (PANDAS) Is Suspected: A Qualitative Study, McClelland et al.
Now I imagine you are all thinking Huh?  I was reading this because I had a patient once who had this syndrome, interesting read, then I got to the pages about the results. "Fear, frustration and not being heard were the three dominant themes that emerged from the data."  They went on to explain these 3 dominant themes, but that isn't what grabbed me, it was parents comments that shocked me, especially the words under the "Not being heard"  statements (pg 447).  So many of the comments could have been made by any mother we've seen,   when we miss listening to what mom is saying.  I think so many people talk to mom, tell her what she "should" be doing: her HCPs, her friends, family, her mother, her mother in law, when we all need to be listening to her.
Just made me pause and really think.  Pat in SNJ and yes, I had a wonderful time in Uganda and the newest great granddaughter is adorable - of course, as are her siblings and cousins ;-)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2