Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 2015 14:32:34 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (33 lines)
I have this in my office for review.  It's basically an A* pump with some retooling on the motor of the hospital version and slight differences in the barrier that's on the breast shield.  Closed system with mother controlled settings (not automated).   The hospital grade pump can exceed recommended maximum pressure recommendations and goes below minimal recommended pressure recommendations.  The case on the hospital version is bulky.  We are not purchasing.  When I questioned the rep as to any ORIGINAL research done on the efficiency or effectiveness of this pump, I received the same answer as I have received for most pump manufacturers:  the FDA considers this a "like" pump to M* pumps and therefore does not require any further testing other than what M* has already done on its pumps,  other than safety features (shock-proof, UL approved, etc.).  When a baby is at the breast nursing effectively and mom has to be away to work, effective manual expression should be the gold standard by which pumps are measured.  The problem is for the mom having enough time to do an effective manual expression.   Any other questions, you can contact me privately.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lisa
Sent: Sunday, May 03, 2015 4:42 AM
Subject: Ardo Calypso breast pump

Does anyone have any experience or feedback on the Calypso breast pump? DME provider told mom that it is better and stronger than a Medela personal pump. I have not come up with any research for the safety/efficacy of this pump except that it was rated as the quietest pump.

If you have information I would love to hear it.

Lisa Enger RN BSN IBCLC CEIM

Sent from my iPad

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2