Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2012 23:43:38 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
Thank you Susan for making those critical points and representing the PP LC's who work full-time ,many of us, sole supporting.  
The impact this will have on us, need not be taken lightly.  Cash flow will be an issue - waiting for the money. Some of us have offices, pay rent and expenses
 ( overhead) -  sure I could do a mix of Aetna patients and private pay but what happens when the other ins companies come on board ?  Then it will be all ins - no private pay that when things get scary.  

It turns into a numbers game.  Quantity not quality.  When you have to see 3 moms in the same time as you used to see 1.  
Just to keep the office afloat.  Drs offices face this all the time- triple booking whenever possible, but even then they drop certain policies or refuse to take insurance.  Just like, we will have the option to do but they lose patients all the time because of it.  Parents will go to those who are listed on their plan - period.  Especially in our case, if the husbands has a say - as we know they are a huge influence.  

So it won't be so easy and wonderful.  As much as we are told we can choose not to participate - we are damned if we do and damned if we don't! This will be a huge hastle for me - as I am busy enough and dread the added paperwork.  Having the luxury of hiring someone just to do the ins. stuff is not an option.  I am quite skeptical as to whether it will be worth it from a business standpoint but that remains to be seen :(

Maria Parlapiano RN IBCLC
Chatham, NJ

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2