Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 11:39:10 +1000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Kathy D says professionalism in some places means without breasts

In those same places it may also mean, under 55, white, without disabilties, dressing to a very close code, speaking and behaving in particular way, going to a small group of schools, and an even smaller group of univeristies, living in certain parts of town, being married in certain churches and obeying a whole list of unwritten rules.

Absolutely none of this has anything whatsoever to do with work.
Thanks heavens we have our children who can remind us of what is really important in the world.

And by the way thanks for all the personal emails inquiring about my in-laws in Belgrade - they are all OK so far but very stressed, especially the children who all have big eyes after the nightly air raids. Two of the maternity hospitals are looking again at the policy of keeping mums with babies as they all go together into the basement at night and they have run our of heating fuel as the plant has been blown up - the Baby Friendly Hospital initiative has yet to make a big impact there as they routinely put all babies in nurseries at nights, so maybe this might force the issue.....

I will be on line for a while yet as I have reluctantly had to turn down a request from Unicef to work with the refugees from Kosovo, I think my own two year old needs me more at the moment and unfortunately it looks like this situation will be around for some years so I can go later.

Mary E Black
Professor of Public Health
University of Queensland

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2