Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:33:51 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
I too would like to give a BIG thumbs up for the Nursing Mothers Guide to Making More Milk.  I had low supply and really wished this had been published at the time.  I bought it reacently and read it cover to cover and found the information good and presented well.  I especially like the table at the back that lists all galactoguges with usual routes, dosages, effects and side effects.  Since I bought it I have lent it to two antepartum patients, one with previous low supply and the other with a strong family history of low supply and no breast changes during pregnancy.  Currently it is off with a friend who also had supply issues.  It has been well recieved by the people who have read it.

I also like Mother Food, though it is a little harder to read and I did not agree with all that was presented (info about allergies).  Its nice to know that there are things you can do that are relatively simple and not pharmacological to help milk supply.  For instance, the thought that alfalfa tea can cause over supply in someone with a normal supply and that eating red millet is said to bring back the milk of a grandmother, really gives me hope if I have another child.

Cordelia Merritt, RN BSN, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2