Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:36:22 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
I never met a lactation book I didn't buy, so I may be a poor judge.

But I love the H&H text.  It's heavy, with glossy pages.  It *smells* like a book.  Y'all may think I am crazy to say that, but the Reading Geeks on the list will instantly identify.  I find it is much more reader-friendly than some of the other Books By Mentors in our field (though it is still quite dense-have your medical dictionary close by).  Materials and research are brand-spanking new.

I also like that it is -- well -- a Textbook of Human Lactation.  It is intended for anyone who wants to learn this topic.  It isn't "carved out" for any particular audience.  We don't have "Digestion - A Guide for the Medical Profession" or "Respiration - A Guide for the Medical Profession" do we?  Those very important and natural body functions are covered (both in their normal and diseased states) in text books devoted to those physiologic systems.  Lactation should be the same.
Liz Brooks, JD, IBCLCWyndmoor, PA, USA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2