Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 22:22:48 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
Sometime digests ago someone asked about refrences for bloody stools. Here is what I have from Maryelle Vonlanthen MD 's lecture in DC in July 97.

Falth-Magnusson K. Breastmilk antibodies in food in relation to maternal diet.....
Internat Archives of Allergy and Applied Immunology 90(3):297-300,1989

Hide DW. The clinical expression of allergy in breastfed infants. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology 310:475-80,1991

Machida HM, Catto Smith AG Allergic colitis in infancy: clinical and pathological aspects. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology Nutrition 1994: 19(1):4-6

Roy CC Rectal bleeding in children Ped Clincal Gastroeneterology 4th ed pp 26-31

Zeiger RS Heller S  Effect of combined matern and infant food allergen avoidance on the development  of atopy in early infancy. J of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 1989:84(1):72-89

Good luck to those who can find those references through my typo's. Sometime I should write a review on the subject as 2 of my breastfeeding patients have devloped cows milk allergy.
I would have written one on Phenergan (promethazine) levels in milk but even 10 hours past a dose my wife didnt need to pump. I did not let our baby breastfeed for that time. Sorry, Hale's said something about SIDS. Hey I even have his car seat attached with a tether. To the Swedes, Aussies and Canadians, Americans usually dont use tether straps.

ATOM RSS1 RSS2