Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2011 12:28:27 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (35 lines)
Hello,
I once again need assistance with someone with more expertise. The situation is mom is losing custody of her 1 day old infant to foster care. The actual hearing will be a few weeks away. She had another child and this child has also been removed. I don't know all the dynamics around the case but she is married and apparently is the behavior of the father is part of the reason for removal. Mom and baby neg  for drugscreen. Baby is breastfeeding. Mom had C/S delivery yesterday. Using a nipple shield because of tongue thrusting in infant and are trying to latch without shield.
The issue is. Should I encourage her to continue pumping and offer a manual pump and save the milk if the hearing goes her way. Or the option of donating her milk to  a milk bank if she doesn't have custody. This poor mom has already felt that she has lost everything.
She said she wants a tubal done if she can't keep her. I told her to talk with her OB he could arrange it in 6 wks. 
Your guidance is needed ASAP! Please email me privately.
Thanks,
Terri Klein RN IBCLC, RLC

Terri Klein RN, IBCLC, RLC
Lactation Support Services
Mother- Baby Connection
Central Michigan Community Hospital
A McLaren Health Service
A 100 Reuters top 100 Hospitals Award Winner
1221 South Drive
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
Phone (989)772-3856
Fax (989)7726853

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is confidential, may be priviledged and is only intended for the recipient(s). Unauthorized use, disclosure, forwarding or copying is strictly prohibited and maybe unlawful. If you received this communication in error, pleas notify me IMMEDIATLEY at the phone number listed.Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail 

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2