Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 00:15:09 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
Just got back from the Conference and haven't had a chance to catch up on the LN digests, but wanted to share some thoughts.  It was great to be able to put some faces to the names we see so often on this site as well as meet some of the "lurkers".  One scene at the closing really struck me (considering all that is happening in the world today) and I want to share it.  For those who haven't been to an ILCA conference, the Core Conference opens and closes with a parade of flags from all the countries represented in ILCA membership.  At the closing, when the flags are marched in (in truly random order I am told) the flags of Lebanon and Israel wound up side by side.  I realized that although our countries may be undergoing turmoil at home and there may be hostility between countries represented, we have a common goal in our desire to promote the best for our next generation that, at least for these few days, overrides the worldly issues.  We cannot completely isolate ourselves, however.  One person told of how her son was having trouble coping because he personally knew some close friends who have died in these conflicts while another wasn't sure how she would get home since the airport at home had been bombed, so of course there were no flights in.

Winnie

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2