Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2019 11:35:43 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
 I know what you mean about progress.  I've been LLLL for 52 years, APN for 25, IBCLC for 34!  Mothers used to not have enough milk, now they have too much and are getting fat babies which delights grandmom, but not me,  And babies have reflux for trying to drink it all. and there is still the occasional mom whose baby is just right,
 but thinks she is not making enough.  And so many moms here in US have to go back to work...and some moms are pumping and bottle feeding it all, twice the work and then there is tongue tie. 50 years ago moms just switched to a bottle and no drs would know what to do with a TT anyway.  And then there is the epidural,  fluids in labor effecting latch and initiation;  And C-Sec's and so on.........Do you have the same problems in Israel?We do have almost universal skin-to-skin in hospitals and <gasp> we even have BFHI in US now.  In NJ it was 2012 before we got one!

I'll get Jeannine to send you the original article and your letter next time she comes to work. She's taking Wed off to get a new roof on her house.Pat in SNJ, USA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2