Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2015 19:03:17 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (37 lines)
Jennifer, do you teach classes?  If so, where and when?

Julie [log in to unmask]

P.S.  What I'm finding is that when I recommend CST, the mothers are asking their pediatricians first, and the peds are telling them not to do it or to wait and see, and then they never go.
 ==== Anything worth doing is even worth doing badly.

"------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 29 Apr 2015 11:54:52 -0400
Subject: Re: TT/ULT

Lisa said:
"If there is indeed an environmental factor altering fetal development of the tongue, then the question becomes not why are so many being diagnosed, but why are we not pursuing identification of the cause more diligently?  If there is indeed an iatrogenic cause of this epidemic of suck-related breastfeeding problems, shouldn't we be pursuing this instead? And *if* folic acid turned out to be the problem, if we decided that the benefits of this therapy outweigh the unintended side-effects, the conversation must then turn to the significance of the secondary problems and how we are going to put out those fires."

I could not agree more, and all of my work for the past ten years has been directed towards this question, because it integrates with the work I have been doing even longer on gut healing. Several years ago, I began asking all of my clients with ties to have their babies tested for MTHFR. We know the number in the general population is about 45%, but among these babies it was over 90% (which of course means one or both parents have MTHFR). I approached Ben Lynch, one of the leading researchers in the world on MTHFR with my concerns, which led to the first identification of genes associated with TT. It also led to his first lecture on MTHFR and TT, then his lecture at IATP in 2013 and my digging even deeper into methylation ( I have now taken three full courses on methylation). I have presented this material many times at conferences and in webinars over the past several years, but it still seems very few IBCLCs are hearing it yet. MTHFR is only one piece, but it is vitally important to the way that the face is formed in untero. Some visionaries in dentistry have observed that the human face has been changing for a couple of hundred years, progressing (or digressing) rapidly in the last 100, as poor diets have become the norm across the globe. We are not the only ones seeing this epigenetic change happening in front of our eyes. 

....Stuff cut for space...See original post...

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, USA & France
Intuitive Parenting Network, LLC"

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2