Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2012 08:28:46 +1000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
As Jean Cotterman suggests, it is always good to look at simple conntact sources of irritation, before focusing on other possible factors. I remember years ago, in the LLL News, a mother wrote about a persistent rash on her baby's face.  It was the era of beehive hairdos and hairspray was commonly used.  After ruling out changes in soaps and other products, this mother realised her baby's face was coming into contact with traces of hairspray on her shoulder. The solution? Wearing a cape when spraying her hair. No more rash.

Jean suggested vinegar in the water of the rinse cycle when washing towels, sheets and clothes to prevent skin irritation. For several years now, I've been using vinegar instead of conditioner in the rinse cycle of the washing machine. I'm prone to skin irritation from harsh products, as when I spent a prolonged time in various hospitals after an accident, using sheets and towels washed in harsh products.  Besides avoiding commercial softeners, vinegar seems to prevent static in my nylon slips and skirts, using the amount that the conditioner dispenser holds. I also reduce the amount of powdered laundry detergent considerably by substituting bicarb soda for some of it. If I really want to maxinise the effects of the (aciic) vinegar after a wash cycle with the (alcaline) bicarb soda, I run a clear rinse cycle (nothing added0 and then do a second rinse cycle with vinegar in the water.

Virginia
in Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2