Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2013 06:34:06 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (33 lines)

Sent: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 8:26 AM
Subject: hygiea pump and rap

I'm curious about this pump, too. I saw that LLL is offering it for sale in their catalog, which is usually a good sign for me that this is a well-made pump. Does anyone have any experience with this pump? I read that on some of the models you can record the sound of your baby's voice to play back while you are pumping. I thought that was a neat feature. But I would love some feedback before recommending the pump.

I did not have the experience of working and pumping, so I confess that I sometimes feel like I'm not the best resource for working/breastfeeding mothers. At the breastfeeding class that I teach, the majority of women want detailed information about working/breastfeeding, so I'm planning to incorporate more information about this in the future, including recommendations regarding quality breast pumps. So I'm closely following this discussion. Some of the best resources that I have found so far are the RN's that I work with that are pumping, they have some great tips that I have been able to pass along. 

I'm not sure if list members will agree with this or not, but to confirm my suspicions about some of the poor quality pumps, I read the reviews on amazon. They seem to confirm what we are saying. Gerber, playtex and first years were rated lower and had poorer reviews. The best reviews were for Medela, Lansinoh, Hygiea, and from a company called Spectra. Has anyone else had any experience with the Spectra pumps?

That rap is catchy isn't it? I had it stuck in my head all day.... 

Tricia Shamblin, RN, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2