Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2011 11:36:01 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
IMHO the advice these sleep consultants are giving should be considered Negligent at least,  emotional abuse at worst. Seems like we are going backwards. My mom raised me by Spock's advice. I was not Breast Fed, I slept through the night at 8 weeks, My mom was so proud of that. Of course that met, me crying it out in my crib all night, she would tip toe in and shove the pacifier back in my mouth, the pacifier I had until I was 5 years old I might add.  To this day I have eating and sleeping issues. I cannot fall asleep until I am utterly exhausted and I could take or leave eating. Of course great for my employers and society at large, I can go all day without eating, or sleeping the night before,  and still be very productive. Probably how I got through Graduate school full time while working two part time jobs.  We are teaching these kids that it is wrong to have emotional needs and also that even if they do have them they will not be met, so just give up now. In my opinion this leads to addiction of all sorts, drugs and drinking being the most likely, because that is the only time they "feel good", is when high or drunk. I started drinking at age 14.  Luckily, quite young, after college,  I got into the Holistic Health scene, so yoga and massage became my way of having these issues semi healed and my emotional needs met, and I gave  up drinking . I feel so sad for this generation of children, it will be the lucky few who get sane parents that get through unscathed. Lisa Mooney MSN CNM IBCLC 		 	   		  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2