Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:58:24 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
I just learned about Candida Albicans and how it is so often misdiagnosed--over diagnosed to be precise. Staph and Candida have the same symptoms...for persistent symptoms of "thrush" that won't go away with treatment, try the G-violet (but only for a few days at a time-it will kill the Staph!) The doctor that I learned this from is Dr. Hale.  He said that a lot of times there is a staph infection there, and not "thrush" or Candida.  He and his team did extensive research on women that presented with the "thrush like" symptoms, and they did cultures, etc and found no thrush/candida present.  When there is a wound, he recommended using 1 % Hydrocortozone ointment and polysporin mixture-Bactroban can also be used.   He said never use Neosporin on the nipple b/c of the allergic reaction to the Neomicin in it.   I had the pleasure of attending the ABM 12th Annual Conference in Fort Worth Texas this weekend-I learned so much! www.bfmed.org for more details. Have a blessed day,Merideth M. Buell, BFPCDSHS [log in to unmask]  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2