Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2011 20:19:07 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
 The only reason the Dairy Board has agreed to this is bc it promotes their product. It promotes good will and in a sense "brand identity". No one is going to breastfeed bc of this, as it is already fully identified with cow milk, but mothers may well wean sooner to "whole milk" or even find less resistance to the idea of using an AIM made from cow milk. It is no different from giving a particular brand of AIM for free in "gift bags". I think it's a bigger nightmare than "Breast is Best", if you can imagine topping that disaster. 

And really, everytime I see LLL or anyoen else baged by some really bad cutesy idea, I wonder where their marketing people are. They should know better. 

Aside from that, LLL is promoting long-term poor health by aligning with one of the least healthful foods in the SAD (pasteurized, homegenized cow milk--the very same kind of dead food we complain that AIM is)--linked to every chronic disease including diabetes and obesity. IMO, this is an example of how the cultural bias and addictive behaviors of the SAD are impacting breastfeeding advocacy in a very detrimental way.

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, France
Intuitive Parenting Network, LLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2