Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2013 21:15:52 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
PTP.  I saw a 2.5 month old girl (38-6/7 wks, vaginal delivery) whose weight gains were 1.5 oz/day, then 1 oz/day, then 0.58 oz/day, then 0.42 oz/day.  I saw her because she gained 3 oz in 7 days, "decreasing height/weight ratio".  Peds told mom her milk was "probably drying up" even though she pumps 8 oz after mid-morning feed and 4-6 oz one other time/day.  Mom is on prozac.  Feeds on demand, 6 x/day, pacifier use after feeds introduced a month ago.  Doesn't spit up a lot, happy, alert and engaged baby transferred 122 cc at the visit, struggled to control rapid flow (looks more like oversupply) and had gained 2.9 oz according to my scale since peds visit the day before. I had mom feed more frequently, offer breast instead of pacifier and block feed.  Baby takes 3 oz EBM/feed when at daycare and yesterday received formula when they ran out of EBM (mom hadn't brought more, even though she has tons stored).  Weight check today was only 1.1 oz gain in 3 days, she has been feeding more frequently, approx q 3 hr even overnight.  Suggestions?  Thank you

Laura

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2