Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 1996 13:41:57 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
I have been watching and reading the posts about changing the exam and requiremnts.  I
have given my suggestions and opinions i n the past and do not wish to get into that
again but I do have one concern.

If there are going to be changes, whatever they be, how does that affect people like me.
 I have no RN or nusring background, am a LLL Leadder applicant but not yet a Leader,
taken the BSC course and will be finished by next month, and I have a rental station
where I do consults.  I fear any changes may restrict my eligibility in taking the IBLCE
exam further and want to know how that would be handled.

It is my fear that the current thread about demanding that canidates have practical
hands on experience in a formal setting before taking the exam is going to prevent many
IBCLC wanna-bes like me fron ever reaching that goal.  Many wanna-bes do not live in
areas where such an arrangement is possible or doesn't impose a strain on their personal
finances.  My question is, are we moving too fast in a direction where facilities (such
as hospitals and clinics) are unable to accommodate that type of learning experience?

I worked for one year to find a mentoring arrangement and I worked hard while in that
arrangement, unfortunately the financial strain has restricted my taking advantage of
that further.  Any suggestions?
--
Melissa Brancho
The Nursing Corner         Fax: 814-624-0846
RD 7 Box 382               Voice:  814-623-9357
Bedford, PA  15522         E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2