Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2013 10:34:24 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
Yesterday, I found myself in Babies R Us, standing in front of the entire wall of bottles, overwhelmed.  Here I am, 3rd time Mamma, LLLL, IBCLC, and faced with this wall of bottles all claiming to be the best and most natural, and having the newest venting technologies... and I was completely overwhelmed.  It was a good reminder to me, and to us all, of what it's like to try to make decisions as a new mother. Standing in that store yesterday, knowing I'll go to work and my LO will get bottles, it was just stunning at the array of choices I had.  I ended up leaving the store rather than buying any just now.

Now, third time around, I know that you make a decision as a Mother and then see how it goes, and change the plans as needed.  But, for all of us who sometimes get lost in the technicalities of what we do, of what protocol is "best" and what tool is appropriate for each situation... it really brought home that there's a mamma in there who is confused, scared, in pain, and overwhelmed with the choices she has to make as a 1st time mamma.

Lots of <3 for all of you and all you do for Mammas and Babies!!
Jillian M. Malan, LLLL, IBCLC
Michigan

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2