Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2014 18:22:09 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
Permission to post: 2nd baby B.W. 7# 10 oz., baby is now 16 1/2 months and weighs 18#.
Baby will not eat any solids at all and is exclusively breastfed, she won't put anything in her mouth but breast.  No food, toys, or teethers.  She puts her fingers in her mouth when teething.  Baby is attending a feeding clinic with an OT who specializes in peds.  They have been attending 2x/week since December.  Baby has not put any weight on since December and uses the same scale each time.
Baby has had an esophagogram which was negative.  Baby saw a pediatric neurologist and everything was normal.  Baby is talking, and just started walking.  Brother was a late bloomer but not with eating.  Baby was slightly anemic nothing startling.  
Mom is not pregnant, no family hx of allergies.  Mom is on a vegan diet, just started supplementing with B12.  She feels like her milk supply is good.
The neurologist and I have both suggested she give baby Carlson Vitamin D dose 1 drop. Mom doesn't want to do this as the feeding clinic said not to force anything.  Mom doesn't want to have her Vit. D levels checked as bills for this and their life circumstances are too much. I encouraged her to get 2000 I.U. between her prenatal and whatever else she is taking and sent her info about D3.  We live in a very cold, cloudy climate which is a change for her in the past 2 years.
Baby has not had her zinc levels checked.  I encouraged her to have food on high chair for baby to eat if she chooses at every mealtime, which mom said she is doing.  Mom is very stressed about attending the feeding clinic as she feels like they aren't getting anywhere. Her biggest concern is baby isn't gaining any weight.  I have also encouraged her to attend my support group and will try and do a pre and post weight if baby will hold still.  Not to sure of the accuracy of this at this age but worth a try.
We welcome thoughts or ideas.

Donna Goggin-Dolwick, BSN, IBCLC
Traverse City, Michigan

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2