Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 08:07:13 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (32 lines)
My comments can only echo what has already been said to you by other IBCLCs about the contradictions and confusions inherent in the new Scope of Practice. Consider me one more voice urging the Board to promptly review and revise it to save us from this legal limbo. 

Can you please post a date or a timeline wherein we can expect to read your revised Scope of Practice?

What was the Board's intent or objectives that lead to the currently published Scope of Practice? What did the Board feel needed to be changed? What problem needed to be solved?

Following the Code of Ethics, I wish to ask your permission to keep a copy of the wording in the body of your Home Page which includes the Board's statement about reviewing the Scope of Practice and eventually producing a Final Copy. The copy I saved is exact, complete, unedited, and dated 31 Oct. 2006, over my name. 

The only time I intend to use the copy is as a defense if I am challenged professionally or legally on this issue. I am also searching for the immediately preceeding Scope of Practice. Ideally, I would like to have a copy of all Scopes of Practice that the Board has written.

Please let me know immediatley if my copying and my stated plan for use of the Board's copyrighted Home Page information is objectionable to the Board in any way. If it is, I will promptly affirm to the Board that my copy has been deleted.

Thank you.

Phyllis Adamson

--
Phyllis Adamson, IBCLC, RLC
Glendale, AZ.
[log in to unmask]

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET email list is powered by LISTSERV (R).
There is only one LISTSERV. To learn more, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2