Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 00:22:31 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
I am a regular lurker. This is a last attempt to help this mother, as I am at a loss as what to do now. This duo has had major problems since birth with breastfeeding. I became involved at 3 weeks. The baby has had major nursing  problems and has been to chiroprator, OT, PT. Baby is developing well and there are no neurological problems. Duo was doing OK, he is not the greatest nurser. Baby is on some solids. In Oct. Mom's milk supply had dropped, but we got it up and she was doing well  producing about 18 to 22 ounces that she could pump and would nurse all night.   She is a teacher and lost several of her free times that she used to pump due to rehearshals for the Christmas pageant and her milk supply dropped dramatically. Since she has been off for vacation, she has been nursing and pumping to try to stimulate her supply. She is very dedicated and is pumping 5-6 times a day as well as feeding her baby. She is on Donparidone 40 mg a day, using the Symphony pump as a simulator, Fenugreek 2 tabs, 3 times a day and blessed thistle 2 caps, 3 times a  day. She is not on any chemical birth control. Her menses started when baby was 2.5 months old. I told her to increase the blessed thistle and fenugreek to 3 caps 3 times a day per the physician with whom I work. The problem is that she is pumping 1 to 1 and a half ounce a time. Even when she pumps in place of a feeding. She is panicked as she needs to return to work next week and is afraid that she will not have enough milk for her baby. I am at a loss for an explanation and of what to tell her.  I told her that I would, with her permission, post to the list and she agreed.

Thank you for your ideas,
Camille Edmunds MA. CLC

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2