Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2006 21:31:16 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (48 lines)
Dear all:

I think the View may have selected Rosie for her controversial appeal.  If you do choose to write to 
complain about this episode of the View, I highly doubt that it will curtail Rosie's comments.  I 
have had personal experience with her that caused me to permanently shut down my instant 
messaging on my computer about four years ago.  I innocently emailed her website asking a 
question about what she said on her show about one of the nursery school moms I knew who had 
done a documentary on orphans in Eastern Europe.  The documentary was up for an academy 
award and Rosie had been the original narrator.  The mothers at my son's nursery school watched 
her show (I never really watched her show) and claimed said things on her show about the 
documentary directory mom at our school.  What they claimed Rosie said did not fit at all with my 
fairly close observations of this mother.  Not having watched the show myself, I just emailed into 
her website and asked what Rosie allegedly said on the show because what I heard she had said 
did not fit at all with my experience of this documentary director mom.  I will never regret any 
email experience I have ever had than that inquiry.  I was barraged with emails that were of such a 
disturbing nature that I thought some deranged fan was masquarading as Rosie.  My psychologist 
husband was on the computer when the barrage of instant messaging from her started.  I received 
messages with her direct telephone line and repeatedly asked to call.  I was so thoroughly 
convinced that no celebrity could ever email such disturbing messages that I emailed the 
webmaster who also found the tone of the mail messages disturbing and thought it might be a 
deranged fan.  The webmaster discovered that it was Rosie herself.  I printed all the messages, 
sent them to the documentary director mom for her lawyer, deleted everything Rosie sent to me 
on the computer because I found it too upsetting and put a permanent block on instant 
messaging on my computer.

So, I highly urge anyone writing to the View to avoid emailing anything to Rosie's website or to 
Rosie herself if you do not want to have the possibility of being barraged with instant messages 
and emails of a highly disturbing nature.  She (hopefully) may have had some therapy in the 
intervening years that may have helped her overcome some of the tendencies displayed in her 
email messages, but I would not wish similar experience on any Lactnetter!

I trust Barbara Walters, however much she disagrees with our advocacy of breastfeeding, to be far 
more rationale when it comes to responses to the public.

Best regards, Susan Burger

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2